The ideal person for this role will be a entrepreuner who has a track record of launching/running Ecommerce businesses in multi-channel environments from end-to-end. This leader’s success will be based on his or her ability to work collaboratively and synergistically within this design-driven organization, while delivering results. In addition to being the general manager for kennethcole.com, this leader will work closely with Marketing and the CEO to drive the brand and product positioning online.
· Develop the strategy and lead the execution and development of the Ecommerce business across all functions, including merchandising, technology, site experience, and more, with the goal of developing kennethcole.com into the company’s global flagship store.
· Own the Ecommerce budgets and drive the P&L.
· Work collaboratively within the organization to ensure execution of key initiatives that lead to increased market share and profitability across all product lines and consumer segments.
· Manage third party relationships with an eye toward creating a seamless customer focused experience.
· Build the team to support the business growth plan.
· Work closely with Marketing to build brand recognition for Kenneth Cole as a global lifestyle brand destination amongst target customers, the industry and the media.
· Drive the development and execution of short and long term strategies to drive business on the Internet and integrate across Kenneth Cole.
· Partner with Marketing to capitalize on evolving on-line marketing opportunities, social networking and new technology, while ensuring brand right approach for the site and for all campaigns.
· Analyze and communicate results on key drivers for the Internet and overall business performance; utilize findings to develop both tactical and strategic recommendations and execute against those strategies.
· Partner with Marketing to drive all creative changes, enhancements, and upgrades to the site.
· Partner with Marketing to optimize the use of customer database and customized email campaigns to drive results across multiple channels. Continually seek creative ways to enhance existing database through name and data capture.
· Implement and develop successful on-line advertising and search campaigns to increase traffic, conversion, and repeat purchasing.
· Partner with merchants and planners to drive site-merchandising strategies, product development and ensuring optimal presentation of product as measured by conversion and average order size.
· Responsible for daily operations of the site.
· Partner with IT to implement updates/upgrades to site, both operational and strategic.
· Partner with IT on any third party provider managing the development and hosting the site.
· Interface with IT department on all systems related projects and issues resolution - Including pro-active, active and reactive.
· Manages a team; responsible for hiring, counseling and developing the immediate team.
· Build cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure effective communication and better execution.
· Drive change and realignment of roles that have been previously owned by other functions (e.g. Buying).
· Assign aggressive but realist performance targets for the organization and vendors.
· Great practical end-to-end knowledge coupled with a passion to drive top-line growth using web marketing, analytics and multi-channel leverage.
· Highly analytical with ability to apply analysis to influence business decisions to drive retail performance.
· Track record of creating and executing traffic/business driving initiatives that resulted in real synergy between retail and .com; has executed successful channel integration strategies.
· Savvy marketer with strong branding skills and understanding of how to enhance the customer experience.
· Owns and drives the P&L from top-to-bottom.
· Ability to flex between micro and macro level thinking and work with all levels of management; ability to deep dive into small and big issues across the whole scope of the business.
· Operationally fluent and technically proficient.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both analysis and strategy to senior management.
· 10+ years of experience in E-commerce.
· Bachelor's degree required - MBA preferred.
· High energy level; must motivate and be capable of getting a small team to work together with a single vision.
· Not afraid to make a mistake.
· Loves to build.
· Smart; gets it.
· Track record of achieving results; solutions-oriented.
· Proactive versus reactive.
· Checks ego at the door
· Resilience, flexibility and staying power.
Measures of Success
Timeliness of product delivery
% of rejected or accepted product
Retention of high performing associates